Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Syrian Tribal Leader Ahmad Al-Shlash Threatens to Barbecue the U.S. Ambassador to Syria 'With or Without Salt'


"[My Cousin] Said to Me: 'I Swear by Allah, We will Blow Up the Ground On which He Sets Foot"

Syria - Ahmad Al-Shlash: "I got home at 11 o'clock or midnight, and then I heard the news [about the U.S. ambassador's plan to visit Deir Al-Zour]. I swear by Allah, I did not sleep a wink all night long. We could not accept the violation of the honor of Hama, and over our dead bodies will we allow the honor of Al-Zour to be violated. "That man, sitting in his embassy… I don't get it. Who does he think he is – Christopher Columbus, exploring the area here? I don't get it. I would like to convey a message to the security forces and to the entire world. The young people of Deir Al-Zour will not let him set foot in their city. I am talking about my cousins and my tribe. If they let me down, I myself will prevent him from entering Deir Al-Zour. By Allah, over my dead body will he ever enter Deir Al-Zour. "One of my cousins asked me: 'What, he wants to enter Deir Al-Zour?!' I'm sure he's listening to me now… He said to me: 'I swear by Allah, we will blow up the ground on which he sets foot. We will turn the road into smoldering coals.' "Another cousin of mine said to me: 'We are known for having the best mutton in the world. For the first time, Allah willing, we will be eating American mutton. Whether his flesh is bitter or not, with salt or without salt – we will eat him up.' "Let me issue a warning. We cannot vouch for this man's safety if he so much as sets foot on the threshold of Deir Al-Zour." Full Story & Video>>
Syrian Tribal Leader Ahmad Al-Shlash Threatens to Barbecue the U.S. Ambassador to Syria 'With or Without Salt' http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/5476.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment